See the Nigerian Lady Hilda Baci who Broke the Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon
Do you know that 27 years old Nigerian, Chef Hilda Baci has broken the Guinness World Record for the longest cooking time? Chef Hilda as she is fondly called by her fans broke the record of 87 hours, 45 minutes, and 00 seconds set by Chef Lata Tondon in Rewa, India, in 2019, on Monday. See more details below.
She broke the record at an event, which took place at Amore Gardens in Lekki, Lagos state, South West Nigeria, which had many Nigerians defying the rains for the whole days she was cooking to cheer her up. Very Important Nigerian actors like Charles Okocha, actress Kate Henshaw, singer Tiwa Savage and many others appeared at the event.
Chef Hilda is no stranger to breaking records as she won the maiden edition of the “Jollof Faceoff” competition back in August 2021. On why she embarked on the latest task to break the longest time to cook a meal on the Guinness book of Records, she said it is one of her biggest aspirations, adding that it is also an opportunity to tell some positive stories from Africa through the meals that we eat.
Some interesting facts about Chef Hilda Baci
1. Her real name is Hilda Bassey Effiong. She is a young Nigerian Chef from Nsit Ubium LGA of Akwa ibom State, Nigeria.
2. She owns a food brand in Lagos called “My Food by Hilda”.
3. She broke the Guinness book of record by standing up tp cook for four days running!
4. She cooked different meals simultaneously and allowed 5 minutes rest per hour (meaning for every 1 hour, she is entitled to just 5 minutes rest or break, that’s an hour break in every 12 hours.)
5. Whatever was cooked at the venue was shared to the people at the venue for free. She did not sell any of the foods!
6. She started the cooking on Thursday May 11, 2023 and completed it on Monday, May 15, 2023.
7. She tagged the cooking project ‘Cook-a-thon, a phrase literally coined from the word “marathon”.
8. Hilds’s mum is also a chef. She owes a food brand called “Calabar Pot”
9. Hilda is just 27 years of age.
Chef Hilda Baci started her quest on May 11, 2023 and cooked a total of 35 sides, soups, cold dishes and sauces, mostly Nigerian cuisine; and invites friends and well-wishers to have a taste of her meals – and record-breaking greatness. She cooks for 97 hours in four days and become a Guinness world record breaker.
What's Your Reaction?